Translate

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Scrap Africa Challenge 25 - Hosted by me : )

So here we are already closing in on the end of Janary. This fortnight  i not only bring you another challenge from Scrap Africa but i am also hosting it. This fortnight i ask of you to create a card, layout or altered piece that has a recycled item and please tell us what that item is. The ladies have really out done themselves this fortnight. I hope you can have a play and check out the inspiration.


 Use at least 1 recycled item on your project.
 
Not only are the girls at Scrap Africa offering a prize but i to will be offering these little goodies. Some book pages, napkins, bling, a stamp, doilies and some cute little pegs, all for you to be shipped anywhere in the world : )
 
 


Upcycling is really big right now. I have been doing it for awhile myself. I find myself salvaging the weirdest items with the hopes of incorporating them into my pages. I absolutely love the unique and interesting look i can achieve on my pages. I know a few people who would in absolute horror at adding anything that is not acid free near their photos but for me it is not an issue because i don't use the original photo. I mean in modern day society as well all our photos are backed up in more than one media and can be easily printed out again and again. In my case i print, store on computer, burn to a CD and sometimes a USB stick so i am well backed up.  

So as i crated my page I decided to use some straws which i bought from Woolies, i also purchased them in a few other colours ;)
 
 

I had this awesome bag laying around after my daughters birthday.....


 
and it had these awesome hot air balloons, which i cut out. I still have a few more to use as well ;)


I then created this page and got a litte messy. I fear i went too far, lol, but had so much fun creating it. Another colour scheme i seldom use but i thought it would have to be a masculine type page.

 
So that is it from me for now. Take care xxx.
 
 




6 comments:

Marelize said...

I loved your challenge Billie-Jean! Your layout looks amazing. I love all the fun elements and those hot air balloons were just perfect for your page.
Wishing you a wonderful 2014! :)

Denise van Deventer said...

This is a fabulous page Billie-Jean and I love everything about it..don't think you went too far at all! I love the upcycled bits and love the colouring! The photo is so precious too!
Thanks for hosting the challenge and your prize as well...much appreciated! With regards to my comments on your blog, you are most welcome and thanks for visiting mine too! xx

Lynette Jacobs said...

This challenge was really inspired. I loved it and I think most of the other girls did too. Your page is so funky and arty. A really great page.

Erica said...

Awesome!! I love how you used straws on this layout - would have NEVER thought of that in a million years! :)Such a pretty layout!

Helen Wallace said...

Thanks for an inspiring challenge and example. The bold colours worked so well with your upcycling. Especially like the hot air balloons :)

Val-Belle said...

Another knockout layout Billie-Jean and I loved this challenge. I have kept stuff to re-cycle for a long time but have been lazy... this was just the push I needed. I love the use of the straws.. You have a beautiful family. xox