Translate

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Just popping in!!

Hello lovelies just popping in to say hi. I have been busy, busy, busy and haven't had much time to scrap but after i am finished here i plan to get some scrapping done. We are still getting over the week that was. I have been working on a gift for my sister in laws' engagement party on the weekend which took up alot of my time because i wanted it to be absolutely perfect and in between that my baby turned a big five so i was juggling cake baking and party planning as well. Then throw in entertaining my littlest brother, not much you can do with a twenty year old who is always BORED!! Then back to school which we all took hard because the holidays were so much fun and we all got some much needed R&R that we didn't want to end. Pretty sure we are all secretly counting down the days to the Xmas holidays, lol.

Okay so here is my canvas i made for my sister in law and her delightful fiance'. The night was fun and my girls danced and danced and then sat in the photo booth for most of the night taking photos. I added lots and lots of layers of paints, texture paste, stamping, mists and inks before using my Cricut to cut out all the vines.



Just a few close ups. I used Green Tara and Prima flowers mostly.





Onto my birthday girl. We created a castle for her. We had lots of fun icing it and it was quite a delicious Butter Cake made from scratch because packet mix cakes tend to crumble too much, especially when sculpting cakes. She had a ball at the Harbour with her Cousins, Aunties, Uncles, Grandparents and even Great Grandparents. She was one spoilt little girl too. HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY my baby girl!!!!


 
 


Okay so that is it from me for now! TFL!!! I will be back hopefully to share my creations over the next few days. I have a super clean room waiting for me to mess up, lol. Have a great rest of your day :)

3 comments:

Shaunagh @ Home and Hobbies said...

Stunning layout & what an amazing cake!, I would love to be able to create cakes like that :-) Have a great week x

Tamika said...

Lovely layout and castle cake!

Di Garling said...

Beautiful layout & a beautiful cake too. Love how you used those Green Tara flowers. Cheers Di xo