Translate

Thursday, October 18, 2012

CSI: Case File #40


Good Afternoon i hope you are all well! I thought i would pop in and share my page that i did over at CSI. I got Star Witness this week with it which was a huge surprise and honour. I just knew i wanted to create with the palette as soon as i saw it. It is such a bright happy palette and the testimony spoke to me as well, all perfect for a birthday page! I wanted my journaling to be the main focus as well as the photo so i kept the embellies to a minimum, which was very hard for me.
The evidence i have chosen to use is scallops(i have a small scalloped border sticker running up the side of the pattern paper), circular elements(i pressed some rolls in paint and stamped them around,doodled some circles and texture pasted some as well), i placed a banner under the flower and used some number 8's over the page.
The testimony i used was inspired from the birthday prompts, where i had to write a story about throwing a birthday party for someone. I chose my daughters 8th birthday, my journaling reads: "Everybody loves birthdays. It is the one day where it is all about you. You get spoilt by the ones you love. Every year my girls start out the day with breakfast of their choice and a brand new party dress. The day is theirs and theirs alone. My eldest celebrates her birthday during the school holidays which unfortunately at times has been hard to have a big shindig, which is a shame because she loves to have a heap of friends over. I however have always gone over the top with the cake, i am a little ambitious at times, searched high and low for the perfect presents and of course hunted for that beautiful dress. I love the looks on my girls' faces especially when they don't expect it and i love their grateful and appreciative hugs and kisses. Let me tell you it gets harder and harder to outdo "the best day ever" every year. But this year was a little different we had only just moved back to my hometown where alot of our family live so my eldest got to have two parties, kind of a birthday week. Having two cakes, blowing the candles out twice, cutting the cake twice, receiving pressies twice and to top it off being surrounded by a great big heap of family full of fun and happy times, Dakotah was an extremely happy little 8 year old girl."
So here is the case file i used.....
 

 
 
Here is the page i came up with....
 
 
 
 
 
That is it from me for now, i will be back over the next week to share a heap of pages i have been working on. Enjoy the rest of your day :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely page, that pallette rocks! Love the circles you stamped, very fun!

Janice Nicholls said...

Hi Billie Jean, your layout is gorgeous. Congratulations on being Star Witness, well deserved. LOve all your journaling. Have a wonderful weekend. :)