Translate

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Once Upon A .....Sketch Challenge

 I have had so much going on this week, but just a quick brag first ;), it was worth it with my daughter taking out third in her school cross country and receiving some very awesome school results. It definately makes me feel good as a parent to know how talented my little darling is!! On another note I finally finished my first ever page for the challenge over at Once Upon A...Sketch.  I had such fun with this!! I managed to use Glimmermist, Alcohol Inks, doodling and even pulled out my Cricut to cut the swirl and i even managed to sew on my page as well. The challenge this month was to use their sketch as well use the theme HOME. I thought long and hard and so many thoughts popped into my head. One was the obvious my small little family. We are not one of the lucky ones who own our home and so we move around alot but so long as my family is with me, where i live will always be home. But then it got me thinking about what else is considered home and i automatically thought of my Hometown  of Mackay. This place will always be my home and i have seen so many changes come and go but it is where i was born and bred and most of my extended family live here as well. I love to move around but whenever i come back here it is like a big warm fuzzy!! So here is what i came up with.......




Thanks for dropping by and until next time keep scrapping. Blessed Be!!


4 comments:

Shell said...

Great page! Luv how u did ur journalling on strips. Great stitching too!

sandi said...

Oh I really like your take on our challenge...fab! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Wow! Great elements!The sea shells and the stitching, misting, everything combined so well! Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

phamil said...

LOVE this page! Love the photo and the elements you chose! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!