Translate

Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Color Room - Palette # 108

Well the reveal went up on the 27th for the new palette over at the Color Room and fortunately i was able to start it straight away. It is a very girly palette and i loved working with it. I chose a page of me breastfeeding my youngest. What can i say breastfeeding it is not everyones cup of tea but it is my cup of tea. It is one of those things that i feel strongly about and i feel like the most luckiest person in the world because i have been able to experience this . I and those i know who breastfeed have copped so much flak in the past. This makes me angry!!! Please explain why were we given breasts and milk if not but to feed our child? My children thrived on the breastmilk i provided. I actually smiled the other day when i saw a lady openly breastfeeding while she was waiting to see the Doctor. It has been a long time since i saw someone openly breastfeed i almost wanted to go and give her a high five, lol. Anyway enough ranting about that i just wanted to share a quick little step by step of how my page actually started.


I started with a Prima piece of paper -"Astor" from the Meadow Lark Collection



Using "Lettuce" ink from Adirondack i pressed the pad into the lid and then used my water pen

I began to apply the ink just like water colours- this was fun and time consuming

I then added the rest of my embellies and finished my page titled "A Perfect Moment"





 Thanks for looking and until next time keep scrapping!!

No comments: